Coffee Shop ManagerColfax
Sheepgate, a division of Adult and Teen Challenge of the Midlands, is one of the most successful faith-based recovery programs in the world. Our coffee shop purpose is to raise operating expenses for our recovery programs and a provide a much-anticipated service to our community. We’re seeking a positive, enthusiastic, individual to join our team as the coffee shop manager.
The manager oversees the internal workings of the Coffee Shop program for Sheepgate. Provides leadership and training for a team of baristas and/or volunteers to create and maintain a quality café experience for guests. The Coffee Shop Manager is responsible for managing the overall operation of the cafe. Establishes and executes, under the governance of the Vice President, policies, and procedures of the program. Fosters and maintains the culture of Sheepgate.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the shop in store operations, including shift management, customer relations, inventory control, visual merchandising, procedural tasks, and administrative work
- Ensure positive customer experience through appropriate staffing, consistent product preparation, and effective problem-solving
- Maintain store appearance, cleanliness, food handling compliance, and equipment
- Open and close store according to company procedures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills
- Energetic, fast-paced, flexible work style
- Passion for people and ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Ability to anticipate and respond to customer needs
- Ability to learn quickly, problem-solve, and handle multiple duties
The functions and skills described here are general in nature and represent the type of work performed, but they do not constitute an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities performed on the job.